Grantham Cricket Club is looking to appoint a part-time Club Secretary to co-ordinate the administration of the Club. A passion for cricket would be a significant advantage, but this is an administrative role, and training can be provided. Previous experience in an administrative role is essential, and candidates must be competent in the use of Microsoft Office and social media. Experience of managing websites is desirable.
The Club Secretary will be required to:
• Be the main point of contact for all queries, delegating to and liaising with other members of the management committee as necessary
• Maintain the Club’s diary and ensure that fixtures and events at the club are managed and communicated effectively
• Undertake registration of existing and new members
• Manage league administration year-round and act as the leagues’ main contact with the Club
• Manage insurance, health and safety and GDPR for the Club
• Communicate effectively with the Club
• Plan club events and major fixtures, with the support of the management committee
• Publicise the Club’s activities through effective use of the club’s website and social media
Initially, the position is for 16 hours per week, with potential for the right candidate to expand the role as the Club develops. Working hours will vary week by week, but initially, the successful candidate will be required to work 10am-2pm three days per week in an office location in Grantham, and be available for 4 hours per week in the evenings and at weekends, through the cricket season which runs from early April to late September.
A full job description is available from firstname.lastname@example.org