In 1817, in the small Lincolnshire village of Billinborough, a simple game of cricket took place. The visitors were Grantham Cricket Club and this was their first recorded match.
A History of Grantham Cricket Club features the scorecard and report on this match as published in the Lincoln, Rutland and Stamford Mercury and goes on to tell the story of how the club developed, including:
- Reports of games involving W G Grace who played at Grantham on three occasions
- How the club folded – then rose again less than two years later
- How Grantham CC survived two wars thanks to the military
- Notable names throughout the club’s history
- The formation of leagues in Lincolnshire
- Amazon and Ebay, £10 plus p&p, ISBN: 978-1-9997327-0-7
- Cheque made payable to Ann Boulton for £13 (£10 plus £3 p&p), with name and address for delivery, to 21 Hallam Close, Barrow on Humber, DN19 7FD
For details of BACS payment, cash purchase at Grantham outlets or further information, email email@example.com or telephone 01469 531280
Grantham Cricket Club are incredibly grateful to Ann and the other contributors to the book for their efforts in creating this fantastic piece of history. We hope that this book is a success and would urge you to purchase the book to support this and similar projects in the future.